Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Catalyst 3850 Switches Set up Ip address

My company just purchased 4 Cat 3850's. We will be stacking them. Out network Eng is out on disability, and I have to get them set up for the new office this weekend. I used the Express setup via a web browser to assign IP Addresses but after MANY attempts, for what ever reason, I am unable to access the switches using the address after I confirm the page. I even had someone witness my input to insure I had the correct address, Subnet and default gateway.  I am unfamiliar with Cisco commands, so I am unable to do it CLI. What am I missing? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES

Re: Catalyst 3850 Switches Set up Ip address

Hi

well, i m not at all familiar with the http gui, never used it. I always use the cli.

I m not sure if you want to use telnet or ssh, below is a config for ssh access.

Can you console into the switch and issue the following commands or check these commands :

enable secret 3850

username root secret 3850

(using dummy passwords "3850" here)

hostname

Ip domain-name

crypto key generate rsa

interface Vlan

ip address

no shut

aaa new-model

line vty 0 4

transport input ssh

Hook up het stack to the network

Now use putty or something to setup an ssh session to the managament ip adress you configured

Re: Catalyst 3850 Switches Set up Ip address

Also remember to configure the default gateway for your switches:

Command:

ip default-network

or

ip default-gateway

Whichever is applicable.

Regards,
Chandu

Regards, Chandu
Views
Helpful