cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 4006 Dead

justin.kornaga
Level 1
Level 1

I have a catalyst 4006 with a Supervisor III blade that i think is dead. When you power it on all the blades show status light of red and the Supervisor III blade has a status of red and blinking. When i connect to the console port i don't get any response. Is there anything i can do? Or is the Supervisor done for. Thanks

3 Replies 3

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are not getting anything at all from the console port then the supervisor is probably shot . You could pull all the blades out so they are not seated and see if it will boot by just the supervisor itself otherwise its probably RMA time.

Hi,

Cat 4006 need at least 2 Power supplies to power up (This switch will not work on 1 power supply). Can you confirm you have all 3 power supplies or at least 2 of them in working order. If you still cannot see anything in the console, then may be this is Sup III or backplane is then you will need to RMA to Cisco.

hope this helps !!!

Shaheen

Yah all 3 are powered up. Doesn't have warranty anymore since we are going to be upgrading it. Guess we are just going to upgrade a little sooner.

Thanks

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card