Dr.X
Level 2
Level 2

hi ,

i need to setup network teaming and do ethernahcneel between

Catalyst 4006 & Linux server

i want to ask ,

does catalyst 4006 support lacp ???

if dont support lacp , does pagp cant be work if the 2nd side is not a cisco device ?? in my case "linux server "

???

regards

3 Replies 3

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The answer to the 2nd question is no you can't use pagp with a non cisco device so that is out.  Unless you are running really old catos code then it should support lacp.  I believe there were some restrictions on the 4006 on which ports you could aggregate together .  Try something like show port capabilities to see.

Jason Jackal
Level 1
Level 1

@CSCO12006413

Listen to ‘glen.grant’ – ‘pagp’ is propriety to Cisco devices, so your only option will be ‘lacp’.

However, my question to add to this post – would ‘CSCO12006413’ want to go with the MAC or IP Load-balancing methods? Question - If the destination address is the same, but source address different ‘CSCO12006413’ should use MAC based load-balancing; however, if this is for server-to-server configuration, I think you will want to use IP based load-balancing on the EtherChannel configuration?

Thanks

JJ

thanks all

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card