cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 4506 new uplinks.

omarcastillo
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to expand my old Catalyst 4506 Core-Switch to be able to connect about 4 more uplink (fiber) and or any other better solution. Also I could check on this site than the ws-x4148-rj45V is not longer supported from Cisco.

Please if any one have an Idea will be greeted appreciated.

1 Reply 1

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

The Cisco Catalyst 4503 Supervisor Engine II-Plus-TS delivers enterprise-class reliability and security for the medium-sized business. It provides twelve 10/100/1000 ports with Power over Ethernet (PoE) and eight Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) ports for uplinks or server aggregation. It works in the Catalyst 4503 chassis to deliver up to 116 ports of any combination of 10/100 and 10/100/1000 data access as well as 10/100 and 10/100/1000 PoE access.

The two "core" switches have uplinks (trunks) to edge switches as

follows tva-m-cdr-1 --- edge1 --- edge2 --- tva-m-cdr-2. They work with MST costs to occupy both uplinks, eg. vlan 100 has a preferred path via tva-m-cdr-1 and vlan 200 via tva-m-cdr-2.The links they shut down is the interface on edge1 (to edge2), so no physical loop is present in the LAN

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco