Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 4507 IOS Problem

ahmadq999
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have new catalyst 4507 core switch. when i switched it on i got error message

"C4K_CHASSIS-3-UNKNOWNLINECARD:Unknown module (Field Replaceable Unit minor type [dec]) in slot [dec]".

i checked explanation on cisco site it is written that

"the module's serial EEPROM has been read and the FRU minor type is unknown and that this means that the current software image (IOS) does not recognize this kind of module" so upgrade the compatible ios software.

Switch Part # is catalyst WS-C4507R-E

IOS version is 12.2(53)SG1

I need to download 12.2(54)SG1 but if you check the link below there are some IOS software catagories and i dont know which to download. Can any body suggest me that which exact software i should download?

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=281550478&catid=268437717&rellifecycle=ED&release=12.2.54-SG&softwareid=280805680&sortparam=

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Remove all line cards from your chassis and reload.  What line cards are you using anyway?

Dear leolaohoo,

Thanx for your reply. Below are the linecards which i am using.

Catalyst 4500 E-Series 12-Port GE (SFP)                                  1 NOS

Catalyst 4500 E-Series Sup 6-E Lite, 2x10GE(X2) w/ Twin Gig     1 NOS

Catalyst 4500 E-Series 6-Port 10GbE (X2)                                  1NOS

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Look at what you currently have and just get the 12.2.54 version, do a dir bootflash: . Has to be the same feature set.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card