cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 4507R Span ?

GeneBeamer
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me how to setup a SPAN (mirror) session on a 4507? Everything I read/understand is the command should be set span while in enable mode. This does not appear to be the case for our 4507 running  cat4500-entservicesk9-mz.122-40.SG.bin

I am trying to find out why our messenger program keeps dropping.

Thank You,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

GeneBeamer wrote:

Can someone tell me how to setup a SPAN (mirror) session on a 4507? Everything I read/understand is the command should be set span while in enable mode. This does not appear to be the case for our 4507 running  cat4500-entservicesk9-mz.122-40.SG.bin

Thank You,

"set span" is CatOS terminology. You are using IOS so the commands are different. See this link for configuration details -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/40sg/configuration/guide/span.html#wp1020415

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

GeneBeamer wrote:

Thank You,

"set span" is CatOS terminology. You are using IOS so the commands are different. See this link for configuration details -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/40sg/configuration/guide/span.html#wp1020415

Jon

Yeah, i just noticed that as you replied.. So i was trying to change the title of this post....

Thanks for the post.. Hopefully i will not have to ask another question !!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card