Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Catalyst 6500 Block Switching Between Trunk Port

Hello all,

I have a Catalyst 6509-E with SUP2T and a WS-68xx series SFP line card. On this line card I will have 5 trunk connections going to ME3400 4 port access switches. There is one tagged VLAN allowed on all trunk ports and it is the same across them all. I need to have one trunk connection be allowed to switch to all ports within this VLAN and the remaining 3 ports be denied to switch between eachother. The remaining three ports would only be able to switch to the primary trunk port.

For informational purposes I want to point out that the downstream ME3400 access switches are performing QinQ on each connection so that when the traffic reaches the 6509 it will be double tagged.

Traditionally I have been able to do this on 12 port ME3400s using the built in UNI/NNI structure and on ME3800/3600 switches using EVCs and the "split-horizon" keyword on the bridge domain. However, the 6500 doesn't seem to support either one of these commands.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this?

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Catalyst 6500 Block Switching Between Trunk Port

Duplicate posts. 

Go here:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2261414

Views
Helpful
Replies