Views
Helpful
Replies

catalyst express 500 series IOS update

VK-SUMANLAL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I was trying to configure 500 series switch. my network is configured on 10.0.0.0 network. the switch is not alowing to enter an ip in the 10.0.0.0. the software version is 12.2 (25)FY. can anybody tell me how i can download the IOS from site. i purchase the switches from my local supplier , so i dont have an order no, and customer no information.

can you help me ?

regards

sumanlal

1 Reply 1

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hello suman

you cannot download any IOS, without sufficient priviledge on your CCO ID. If you do not have any access, the only way is to get hold of a cisco partner or systems integrator, and get their help in downloading this with/without cost.. Once you have downloaded the software, u need to do the following, to upgrade the software:

Once the new Cisco IOS version is downloaded, perform these steps to update the switch:

Open up the switch management GUI.

Click on Software Upgrade.

On the Software Upgrade screen, click on Browse and select the tar file downloaded from the Cisco web site.

Click on Upgrade.

Note: Wait for the upgrade process to complete. Do not use or close the browser session with the device manager, and do not access the device manager from another browser session.

Hope this helps.. all the best..

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: