I just recently purchased a Catalyst Express 500 switcha dn for the life of me I can't get the intial configuration page some up. Any thoughts? I went throught the getting started guide and all I get is page can not be displayed.
I have been experiencing the exact same problem as the original poster. We follow the Getting Started Procedure but by the time we get to the "Open your browser and the device mangager will show up" we get a 404 error. The exact same thing happens when we do the system recovery process and the "reset to factory defaults" process. We get an IP Address from the switch, a 169.254.0.x. The switch configures itself with an 169.254.0.1 address. But every time we try to get a webpage from the switch's web server, we get that 404 error.
We are guessing someone forgot to put the web server files on flash, ROM or whatever the Cat 500 uses. Or maybe it could be a faulty flash?
We will try to connect using the Cisco Network Assistant Application, and make an IOS upgrade, but probably that won't work because the switch hasn't been configured with username / password yet.
We managed to bring the Catalyst Express 500 back to life using the following procedure:
1) Installed Cisco Network Assistant (free tool available at CCO)
2) Restarted the switch with the setup button pressed until the 3 upper leds were solid amber, then released the status button. POST finished and port 1 on the switch was blinking. We connected our laptop there.
3) The Switch assigned us a 169.254.0.x address, and it had a 169.254.0.1.
4) We connected to the switch using Cisco Network Assistant. (Connect to new community --> Scan 169.254.0.1 IP Address for devices --> add the switch to that community)
5) We downloaded from CCO the latest IOS for our Catalyst Express.
6) Upgraded IOS (actually, reinstalled the same version) using the Cisco Network Assistant upgrade IOS feature.
7) Restarted switch using express setup sequence (the one in the Getting Started Guide)
8) We finally got to see the Express Setup web page that wasn't working previously..
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...