cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst Express 500...

Starthorn
Level 1
Level 1

We are using these for your Access point. I have a 1252 access point pluged into a power injector (pwrinj4) then a cat 5 going to the switch. I cant seem to get Power over Ethernet to work.

The port does not light up or show any sings thats its up (the one connected to my power injector)

Any ideas guys? The web interface isnt much help for the switch.

1 Reply 1

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

If you use the CE500's PoE alone (without the power injector) does the port comes up or the AP powers up? Without additional info, I can only offer the following:

Intelligent Power Management support is dependent on the version of software resident in the Cisco switch that is providing power to the access point. Each Cisco switch should be upgraded to support Intelligent Power Management. Until the software is upgraded, you can use your controller to configure the access point to operate with older switch software using these controller CLI commands:

1) config ap power pre-standard enable

where is the access point name on the controller

2) config ap power injector enable

(where is the access point name on the controller

and is the MAC address of the switch port to which the

access point is connected)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1250/installation/guide/125h_c4.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: