cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CatOS and removing a vlan from its VTP server..

graham smart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

Question I hope can be cleared up very quickly.

I have a pair of old switches running CatOS, these are also VTP servers for the network running off em..

I need to de-comission a Vlan but cannot figure out the best way to remove the vlan from them?

Obviously,

IOS I would just

conf t

no vlan xx

end

But I cannot for the life of me find the best way to do this on CatOS...

Ive found that it may be a "clear vlan xx" command, but not sure..

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Graham
Please note: My comments are simply suggestions. I cannot be held liable for any loss of data, life or marbles due to following my instructions.

Technical Design Engineer
IMsupporting.com - Live chat software

-Graham
Please note: My comments are simply suggestions. I cannot be held liable for any loss of data, life or marbles due to following my instructions.

Got a website? Need some live chat software?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello
Let say we have vlan 4 with port gig1/2 and you want that port to go into vlan 3 remove vlan 4

Set vlan 3 gig1/2
Clear vlan 4

Res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello
Let say we have vlan 4 with port gig1/2 and you want that port to go into vlan 3 remove vlan 4

Set vlan 3 gig1/2
Clear vlan 4

Res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Doesnt that just remove the vlan from the port?

Ideally I want to remove the vlan completely from the system?  ( Its a VTP server too )

Ie:

conf t

no vlan xx

end

Would do it on cisco IOS..

would

conf t

clear vlan xx

end

do it on catos?

Thanks

Graham

-Graham

Graham

The command on CatOS to delete a vlan is -

"clear vlan "

Jon

Ok thanks guys!

Gah. I hate Catos.

have a good week

-Graham

And you don't need the "conf t" bit on CATOS - commands are entered in enable mode.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card