cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catos to ios urgent help

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

gusy we have couple of 6500 swicthes and its running catos and ios as well but now we have to only put IOS on it and take out catos....guys i have took a screen shot please have a look an dtell me how to do that (takeout catos and put ios) as i have never don eit guys its core swicthes so kindly it would be nice if someone tell me step by step....secondly can some one tell th elatest and stable IOS version which support BGP so that we can purchase it from cisco thanks heaps plz look at below to see what we have in 6500 as i dont even know what these modules are thanks

(enable) sh module

Mod Slot Ports Module-Type Model Sub Status

--- ---- ----- ------------------------- ------------------- --- --------

1 1 2 1000BaseX Supervisor WS-X6K-S2U-MSFC2 yes ok

15 1 1 Multilayer Switch Feature WS-F6K-MSFC2 no ok

2 2 2 1000BaseX Supervisor WS-X6K-S2U-MSFC2 yes standby

16 2 1 Multilayer Switch Feature WS-F6K-MSFC2 no ok

3 3 8 1000BaseX Ethernet WS-X6408A-GBIC no ok

4 4 48 10/100/1000BaseT Ethernet WS-X6148-GE-TX no ok

5 5 48 10/100BaseTX Ethernet WS-X6348-RJ-45 no ok

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not sure about the others but no one will recommend you a specific version even if you provide information or not.

Go to the Cisco Feature Navigator (http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp) and make your selection. Cisco Bug Toolkit is also another.

Regarding the stability, go through the release document and verify if the bugs identified will, in any shape or size, affect your network.

System Software Conversion from CatOS to Cisco IOS for Catalyst 6500/6000 Switches

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa6.shtml

System Software Conversion from Cisco IOS to CatOS for Catalyst 6500/6000 Switches

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00801350b8.shtml

How to Convert a Catalyst 6500/6000 Supervisor Engine from Hybrid Mode (CatOS) to Native Mode (IOS) Using a Conversion Utility

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008070f124.shtml

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that now we have SUP2-2GE and MSFC2 card.....now if i have to download just IOS do ihave to keep in consideration that it shd be support by both or just go to IOS navigation and download an IOS which is for MSFC2??????

Thanks

Hello Khan,

moving to IOS native mode means a single IOS image for both the MSFC2 and the SUP2.

the native IOS images have a name convention that is explained in the documents that Leo has provided

in your case the IOS image name should start with

c6sup22*.bin

that means sup2 and MSFC2

follow the conversion procedures step by step.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

hi i went to IOS navigation and there for 6000 i could only get the follwoing its says MSFC2

c6msfc2-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF16.bin

so doe sit mean it would not be supported??? thanks

sorry for th elast reply i meant to say i saw sup2/msfc2 and chose the follwoing

s222-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF16.bin

it doesnt start with c as u have mentioned is it right or wrong??? as we have to put an order shortly

Hello Khan,

that's correct latest releases use the prefix s222 I hadn't find a C6500 with sup2/MSFC2 in my net so I tried to use my memory that can fail.

s222-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF16.bin

this should be fine

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks Giuseppe

Now one last question which i am still confuse about......currently sup has catos and MSFC has a IOS....now the ios i have choose requirment is 256/64

so i beleive 256 is dram and 64 is bootflash or flash i guess.....now i ahve to buy a PCMCIA card now what abt dram shd it be upgarded on supervisor module or MSFC??? thanks dude

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card