Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CBS 3120X-S switch stack member down

I have a 3 member CBS3120X-S stack in a HP C7000 enclosure (switches 1, 3, and 5). Switch 1, (the previous stack master) is not showing up in the stack and all the ports are down. Switch 3 has taken over as master, but I don't know what happened to switch 1.  The system and stack lights are green and I am not seeing any messages in the log. I reset switch 1 and that did not resove the issue. I disconnected the stack cable and reset the switch again (pulled it out and pushed it back in) and connected to it with a console cable. I get nothing on the console, not even rommon mode. I was connected at the default baud rate that worked when I connected the conole of the other switches in the stack, so I don't think is a serial configuration issue. If this is CBS hardware problem, I don't understand why the system light is green.

The only thing that has happened recently is power was shut down and then later restored to this enclosure. I would appreciate any ideas in resolving this. Thanks!

Switches 1,3, 5 and provision configuration:

switch 1 provision ws-cbs3120g-s

switch 3 provision ws-cbs3120x-s

switch 5 provision ws-cbs3120g-s

Show switch command which shows switch 1 is in a provisioned state.

switch#sh switch

Switch/Stack Mac Address : 0025.b41d.9280

H/W   Current

Switch#  Role   Mac Address     Priority Version  State

----------------------------------------------------------

1       Member 0000.0000.0000     0      1       Provisioned        

*3       Master 0025.b41d.9280     10     1       Ready              

5       Member 0025.8355.c980     5      1       Ready       

Only switches 3 and 5 are showing when I do a show version.

Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image                

------ ----- -----              ----------            ----------              

*    3 28    WS-CBS3120X-S      12.2(55)SE            CBS31X0-UNIVERSALK9-M   

5 26    WS-CBS3120G-S      12.2(55)SE            CBS31X0-UNIVERSALK9-M   

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY

CBS 3120X-S switch stack member down

It appear the switch is bad. I inserted it in another chassis and go the same, nothing on the console, and the system and stack lights green. I don't know what is wrong with it.The only thing I didn't try was different baud rates. We leave everything at the default 9600 so I don't think that is the prolblem. I replaced the bad switch, but is there anything else i can try b

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content