Views
Helpful
Replies

CCIE R&S or SP

Sulaiman Ejaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This is Muhammad Sulaiman Ejaz, I'm CCNA, CCNP r&s. I have training of ASA and MPLS too. I wanna go fo CCIE, I'm here to ask you what CCIE I should go for? Please guide me. Should I go for R&S or SP? I'm was interested in Routing and switching untill I had not studied MPLS but now I'm confused, you please guide me where should I go?

regards

3 Replies 3

daniel.dib
Level 7
Level 7

It depends on what you want to work with. Do you see yourself working for a service provider or at an enterprise?

It's always good to be strong in RS and build on that in my opinion but if you are sure you want to work for a SP then go for that.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Please rate helpful posts.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Please rate helpful posts.

Yes, Go for R&S first as it is the fundemental of any network infrastructure. Then depends on the opportunity you get to work with products/technologies decide what is the best afterwards

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Mahesh Gohil
Level 7
Level 7

HI,

First of all why you need certificate. Ask yourself.

Does your current company demand for it ? Go for it if company is giving benefit.

Do you want to show others what you are upto? Don't go for it.

I would suggest better you do something different rather than running behind others.

Now a days Cisco certification is of no use, Its all about earning money for cisco. You will easily find theory/lab material on net. Everybody know it. I know atleast 10 people holding these expert certificate since last 6-12 month and doing sam job as they were doing earlier. By talking to them I never felt that they are experts.

Now coming back to either SP or RS: It depends upon what experience you hold. If it is at enterprise level SP contents are something new for you so I suggest to go for RS.

I would be happy if someone challenge me about my inputs.

Regards # mahesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card