Views
Helpful
Replies

CCNA Home Lab advise?

neil-williams
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm setting up a home lab for practice toward my CCNA exam. I have available to me most modern Cisco kit, please can someone advise what would be the best set up to have, i'm currently thinking of going with the following:

2 x Cisco1841

1 x Cisco2811

3 x Cisco switch - unsure on what type would be best??

Any help would be appreciated, i see lots of people use older kit, but if i can use the current model kits i can get them on loan from work so will not have to pay out.

Thanks

Neil.

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I'm setting up a home lab for practice toward my CCNA exam. I have available to me most modern Cisco kit, please can someone advise what would be the best set up to have, i'm currently thinking of going with the following:

2 x Cisco1841

1 x Cisco2811

3 x Cisco switch - unsure on what type would be best??

Any help would be appreciated, i see lots of people use older kit, but if i can use the current model kits i can get them on loan from work so will not have to pay out.

Thanks

Neil.

Hi Neil,

For practiing CCNA you can have GNS3 or packet tracer for lab pratice but if you really want to invest on device then three router if you want to practice frame relay lab 2500 will be ok but with your choice you can also have 1800 and 2800 series.

Switches series 2960 (L2) and for l3 functionlity test you can have 3560 but if you are going with L3 switch then i would suggest drop one router from the router list because L3 switch  can be helpful for both routing and switching purpose.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Thank you Ganesh, that has been helpful.

Neil.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco