Views
Helpful
Replies

CCNP

ack_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Hai...I have completed my CCNP in Oct 2006.I am working as Customer Support Engineer in an ISP in Delhi.But i am not getting any exposure to Networks.I am sure that I am not clear with my CCNP concepts also bz I have no exposure.How do i get real exposure and.. where ..can you plz guide me .. Thanks

7 Replies 7

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

If you are working with ISP then try to get your self transferred to NOC. You will not be able to play with devices there but it will clear your many doubts.

Regards,

Jagdeep

Dear Jagdeep ji,

Thanks for your reply . I will try to enter into NOC for exposure..

Regards

A.ChenthilKumar

lgontarsk
Level 1
Level 1

I think it is like that in many many jobs.... you train and learn the good stuff in class, and then don't really get to use it.

No network uses all the features that you learn in class, so its impossible to get exposure to everything.

Just keep reading the books, studying, and taking new and different tests.

Jobs that do more of everything are consulting jobs where you move from customer to customer, always doing something a little different from before. In this job you learn alittle about everything. This type of job can have its drawbacks --- always doing something different is stressful.

Can you get a lab or get your employer to get a lab in which you can do ccie study labs? This is a great way to get hands on with all the features.

Lisa G

Dear Lisa ji,

I agreed with . Thanks for your advice and let me continue reading..

Bye

Regards

A.ChenthilKumar

I agree with you about NOCs... they are an awesome place to work. The problem is that if you're in a large enough shop, the engineering and NOC work is separated. So in the NOC you get to lean excellent troubleshooting skills but in engineering you get to learn strategy for deployment. Sitting in the NOC for some period of time if possible is a plus... but not forever.

LisaG

Hi,

A Chenthil,

In my humble opinion if you are serious for good exposure, the BEST place is to work with any SI or in other terms Cisco Partners.

These companies do really deal with the cutting edge technolgy all the time and will FORCE you to keep an eye on everything and anything in the radar.

The Best companies in Delhi for Cisco platforms would be Datacraft-Asia, Network Solutions and for any beginner the best bet would be Darts IT Networks (http://www.dartsit.co.in).

If you are not sure of your skills at this time, I will request you to start with Darts, they are excellent in terms of exposure and knowledge.

All the Best.

Please rate if helpful.

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

I agreed with... works great.

Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is an intermediate-level certification in the Cisco certified professional program. This certification is aimed at full-time network or system administrators, or those who work with local and/or wide-area network (LAN/WAN)infrastructure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card