cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%CDP-W-NATIVE_VLAN_MISMATCH: Native VLAN mismatch detected on interface gi26.

kuczynskip
Level 1
Level 1

Hell everyone,

I have a sonicwall firewall with 6 vlan and 3 cisco sg28 switches connected to it, everything is working fine, but I se I have these waring the the log files of all three switches.

I just need to know the best way to resolve this..

the firsrt switch is the "core" switch and the other two are connect to it in a star pattern.

Sonicwall--switch1.101.1----switch 101.10

|

|

switch 101.20

So core switch 101.1 has default vlan set to 100  which is the default lan on the sonicwall that it is connected to. There are no devices in .100

switch 101.10 has devault vlan set to 1

switch 101.20 has default vlan set to 1

switch 101.1 is seeing these warnings..

21474836432014-Apr-01 19:33:08Warning%CDP-W-NATIVE_VLAN_MISMATCH: Native VLAN mismatch detected on interface gi27.      
21474836442014-Apr-01 19:30:52Warning

%CDP-W-NATIVE_VLAN_MISMATCH: Native VLAN mismatch detected on interface gi26.     

switch 101.10 is seeing these warnings;

%CDP-W-NATIVE_VLAN_MISMATCH: Native VLAN mismatch detected on interface gi52.        

port gi52 is connecting to switch 101.1

switch 101.20 is seeing these warings;

%CDP-W-NATIVE_VLAN_MISMATCH: Native VLAN mismatch detected on interface gi27.     

portgi27 is connected to switch 101.1

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jose Solano
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You will need to make sure that the native vlan is the same on both sides on the link, otherwise you will see those error messages.

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jose Solano
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You will need to make sure that the native vlan is the same on both sides on the link, otherwise you will see those error messages.

Regards,

Thank you.

for the switch where I have native vlan set to 100, instead of 1, can I just set it to 1 and reboot the switch. I know it will erase vlan 100, there is nothing on that vlan.

thanks

Hi,

Yes, in this case you can change the native vlan on the that switch with the command (config-if)#switchport trunk native vlan #, there is no need to reboot the switch in order for the change to take effect.

Regards,

I used the web based gui to get this switch configured. Can you tell me how to set up ssh, I dont see any way to enable the accounts to use ssh.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card