cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ce 500 qos and taging

Rafael Jimenez
Level 4
Level 4

how is the Cisco-Voice vlan, data vlan and taging handled in a ce500.

I need plug an non-cisco (alcatel) ip phone in the switch and a PC in the second port of the phone (like an cisco ip phone).

does the "IP Phone+Desktop" profile this functions for non cisco ip-phones?.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would go with "switch" and allow only the 2 VLANs.

You also now have to tell your phone what VLAN it is on too, so I guess you have to do that manually per phone or something?

I agree, using the CLI is much cleaner, but every product has it's uses. This switch is meant to fill a specific need but not others.

I agree the web interface isn't great, but you need it for initial configuration. At least check out Cisco Network Assistant, that will help some with your experience.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

johgill
Level 1
Level 1

Rafael,

Non-cisco phones will not work with the voice-vlan configuration unless they speak CDP (a cisco protocol). Your other option is to make this interface a trunk and allow only your voice and data VLANs - with the data being native.

which profile should i use?.

the only profile allow me do that is switch, access-point or router.

what is the native vlan used with phone+desktop profile?

I love the CLI on the other cat series!!!.

thanks you.

double post

I would go with "switch" and allow only the 2 VLANs.

You also now have to tell your phone what VLAN it is on too, so I guess you have to do that manually per phone or something?

I agree, using the CLI is much cleaner, but every product has it's uses. This switch is meant to fill a specific need but not others.

I agree the web interface isn't great, but you need it for initial configuration. At least check out Cisco Network Assistant, that will help some with your experience.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card