Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CE-500

hey i need ur guys  help

Scenario on Ce-500 i have default vlan + ip phone vlan and i need to add one vlan 8 which have the ip of 192.168.8.x connected to the core

core will provie dhcp to the system  im confusuin Gig1 is connected to Core switch particlular port whihc connected to Ce-500 have a configuration of trunk and Ce-500 Gig1 is in router role and showing default vlan1

i need to know if i configure vlan 8 give it a role desktop or IPPhone+desktop  will it be able to carry vlan 8 to core becuase on Gig1 i have default vlan 1

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Bert Gevers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

From your description, I understand that you have the following:

Core switch --- gig 0/1 CE500 fax/x --- client.

gig 0/1 should be configured either as router or switch (depending on what the core is configured for).

fax/x should be configured for IP Phone+desktop

Next, you should create the layer 2 vlan 8 on the CE500 and put the data vlan of interface fax/x to vlan 8.

Also make sure that the core switch interface is configured for trunking and that it knows all vlans which should be carried across the trunk.

This will allow vlan 8 to be the data vlan on the interface towards the client and will also make sure that this vlan is carried across the trunk.

For a summary of the different smartports, you can refer to :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6545/products_configuration_example09186a00806da6c9.shtml#sportroles

HTH,

Bert

View solution in original post

Hi,

if port gig1 is configured as either smartport router or switch, it will be set up as trunk.  By default, all vlans existing on the CE500 will be allowed on this trunk.

Eg:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6545/products_configuration_example09186a00806da6c9.shtml#single_port

In this example, port gi6 will be able to carry the native vlan 1 but will also carry any other vlans created.

HTH,

Bert

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Bert Gevers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

From your description, I understand that you have the following:

Core switch --- gig 0/1 CE500 fax/x --- client.

gig 0/1 should be configured either as router or switch (depending on what the core is configured for).

fax/x should be configured for IP Phone+desktop

Next, you should create the layer 2 vlan 8 on the CE500 and put the data vlan of interface fax/x to vlan 8.

Also make sure that the core switch interface is configured for trunking and that it knows all vlans which should be carried across the trunk.

This will allow vlan 8 to be the data vlan on the interface towards the client and will also make sure that this vlan is carried across the trunk.

For a summary of the different smartports, you can refer to :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6545/products_configuration_example09186a00806da6c9.shtml#sportroles

HTH,

Bert

Thanks for your reply

so i try to understand you

Ce-500 Gig1 connected to Core

Core fa0/47 connected to Ce-500

switchport trunk

dotiq encapsulation

3 vlan i have on Ce-500 default 192.168.5.x  data Vlan 192.168.8.X and voice vlan

on Gig 1 Ce -500 there is a configuration for default-vlan1

i need to know if i add vlan 8 on Ce-500 on above configuration will it able to carry on Core switch

becuase on Gig1 there is a configuration on defaul1 vlan 1

simply i need to know how to configure trunk port On ce-500 to carry multiple vlan

hopefully this will help you

Hi,

if port gig1 is configured as either smartport router or switch, it will be set up as trunk.  By default, all vlans existing on the CE500 will be allowed on this trunk.

Eg:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6545/products_configuration_example09186a00806da6c9.shtml#single_port

In this example, port gi6 will be able to carry the native vlan 1 but will also carry any other vlans created.

HTH,

Bert

thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card