Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the IOS from IPBase to IPServices

mohammad_omran
Level 1
Level 1

Dears

I have 3750 Switch and need to activate the ipservices on it , it is need a license file to switch from ipbase to ipservices , if i installed the ipservices image from cisco site , do i still need an activation  key to use it??

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mohammad,

You will still need a license key.  Remember, when you got the switch originally, you only paid for license key for IP Base. When you try to install the IP services, it will ask you for the license key.  The other issue is if you just installed it and even get it to work without paying for the licenses, then Cisco will not warranty or supported it since you have not paid for the license.  You don't want to be calling Cisco about on IOS or hardware issue and find out that you don't have support for it.

HTH

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jason Dance
Level 1
Level 1

What is the full model number of the switch?

WS-C3750X-24T-S     

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mohammad,

Yes, to go from IP base to IP services you need a license key.  Talk to your sales rep and give them the UID of the switch.  Once you pay for the license, they will send you the key file.  You can then install it in your switch.

HTH

Thanks Reza for your answer , but why on cisco web site there is an IPServices image ?? can i re image the switch with this image and use the ipservices without a license key or also it will request a license key??

Mohammad,

You will still need a license key.  Remember, when you got the switch originally, you only paid for license key for IP Base. When you try to install the IP services, it will ask you for the license key.  The other issue is if you just installed it and even get it to work without paying for the licenses, then Cisco will not warranty or supported it since you have not paid for the license.  You don't want to be calling Cisco about on IOS or hardware issue and find out that you don't have support for it.

HTH

Jason Dance
Level 1
Level 1

Reza: If my memory serves me correctly, won't he get a 90 day grace period to evaluate the features before needing to buy a license?

Jason,

You are correct.  He can download a 60 day or 90  (I think is 60) day evaluation key before buying it, but if he needs permanently, he may as well buy the full license to begin with.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: