cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1131AG Access Point - TFTP in Rommon

Steven Tolzmann
Level 1
Level 1

Okay so I just got a 1131AG access point, and it has a Lightweight IOS on it currently, so it constantly reloads every 30 seconds upon booting up.

I am trying to use a tftp server directly connected to the Fast Ethernet port, to load a new IOS image onto the Access Point in rommon mode.

I have been using http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/800/801/software/configuration/guide/rommon.html#wp1020643 as a reference, but the ' tftpdnld ' command IS NOT working! I have the enviroment variables set, AP is 10.0.0.1/8 and the server is 10.0.0.2/8. Whenever I try tftpdnld it says it is not a valid command.

Please help!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steven,

Are you trying to convert from LWAP to autonomous?  The command is using will only work if the LWAP is connected to the WLC.

View solution in original post

Password recovery???  Username and password of a newly converted aAP should be "Cisco".

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steven,

Are you trying to convert from LWAP to autonomous?  The command is using will only work if the LWAP is connected to the WLC.

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Steven

To get a quick response to your query it would be a good idea if you could move this question to one of the wireless forums where you will get help from wireless experts.

Edit - that is unless Leo is online in which case just ignore me

Jon

Okay I managed to figure out how to load the new IOS image, its autonomous now... It was searching 255.255.255.255 for tftp, and I had the filename named wrong, so now i'm good.

ALTHOUGH, now I have to do password recovery because I don't know the password to enter enable mode, and I can't find the confreg command in 1131 rommon mode.

nvram filesystem says access denied also.. Anyone know the best way to tackle this?

Okay I figured it all out. Lol.

Thanks for the help though everyone.

Password recovery???  Username and password of a newly converted aAP should be "Cisco".

Yeah I figured that out shortly after I posted... I have done password recovery before, but that little detail slipped my mind

Thanks for the ratings Steven.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card