Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1721

dukeminus
Level 1
Level 1

I need to be able to do the following two things:

- reset device to factory, I tried to reset it and know I get a "permission denied" error when I try to "copy tftp running-config"

- how to fix the Permission denied error ......Please help

4 Replies 4

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Generally the permission denied is usually from the TFTP server. Verify that the security settings on the TFTP server allow the file to be transmitted from the server. Which TFTP server are you using?

HTH,

Mark

James

I am confused. Perhaps you can clarify so that I understand better and might be able to offer better answers to your issues.

You original post says that you need to do two things but only talks about the need to reset to factory defaults. If there is a second requirement, what is it?

I am also confused at your issue. If you need to set to factory defaults, why are you trying to copy tftp? To set to factory defaults why do you not just do:

erase startup-config

reload

That is a simple and effective way of returning the router to factory defaults.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I posted as 2 seperate questions.

1 - I need to reset this device to factory

2 - I was bascilly asking as to why after I reset the device to factory that I got the permission deined error. After I reset the device to factory I needed to copy the configuration file up to it.

I did check all settings with tftp server. Everything was fine. Using 3cdaemon I checked to make sure all permissions were availible.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card