cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1941w Samsung Galaxy Note LTE Cannot See WIFI Networks

TechDude
Level 1
Level 1

No idea whats going on here, but I have a number of devices in my house connecting without issues:

1.) PS3

2.) XBox 360

3.) HP CM1415FNW

4.) Sony Dash

5.) iPone 4g/4gs

6.) Asus EP121

7.) Six Laptops

8.) TV

9.) Denon A/V

My android cant even pickup the SSIDs, I stand beside and still nothing, the SSIDs are not hidden, Ive tried different encryptions, changed from AES to TKIP, tried different channels.  I have two seperate SSIDs, one 2.4GHz with B/G/N and a 5.0 with A/N Available, neither SSID is getting picked up

Ideas anyone?

4 Replies 4

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

Try powering down several of the associated devices and try scanning again from the Android?

Tried that shortly after posting, actually changed the password so nothing was connecting.

Literally Im standing beside the 1941W and its not picking up any SSIDs, I have the Wifi Analyzer and its finding six other wifi networks which are not mine, and it doesnt see my two, yet every other device sees and connects without issue.  There has to be something simple Im missing

No ideas at all?

TechDude
Level 1
Level 1

Manually added the SSID with password and set authentication to option on the Android, it failed to connect but then the named SSID would show up, same happened with the 5.0 GHz channel, so it works perfectly fine, just an odd step, even though my added Wireless Network fails and states not in range, the real ones just popped up afterwards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card