cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2600 XM series

willymaldonado1
Level 1
Level 1

My main concern is security; so I got in one of my routers a new IOS ver (c-2600-advsecurityk9-mz)..... and here is where I need some help... I like to know how could I use this IOS ver. to secure my network......  I get internet through a cable company..... that connects to my router 2621xm into a 2900 switch..... I would like to secure my INCOMING-INTERFACE since i get a rediculous amount of packets trying to get inside my network... and my ISP does not care much about security so I would like to segment my network from thier network and the internet.. mostly block any intrusion.....

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

At the very least you should setup NAT to the outside if your isp modem/router  is not already doing that.  Google "

cisco router securing isp connection "  .  Lots of info out there.

thanks grant.   NAT it's setup on the router as well as ACL's and what not... I was just wondering what was the difference in between a ip plus ios ver. and the advsecurity ios ver.  however I really apresiate your response, and if by any chance would you happen to know the diffence between those two ios ver. as far as how security goes.

Thanks!!

(my apoligys did not explain my self clearly in my main question)

Regards

Willy

Crypt0
Level 1
Level 1

You can throw in tcp intercept in there also.

As for difference between two you should check Cisco.com or google the release notes on each iOS. It should tell you what commands or options/protocols one supports that other one may not

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

thanks......... will implement since securing the network is our goal i did find a futere refenence to the advance security IOS, and once again thanks for all the response at this time....

Best Regards...

Willy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card