cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Cisco 2811 permanent traffic monitor?

Hello,

I was previously using SDM for our Cisco 2811, and this past week installed CISCO Configuration Professional so I could have access to a bandwidth/traffic monitor.

I have successfully started the monitoring service and monitored traffic from within CCP, but it appears that if I turn off the computer I am using to monitor the traffic, it stops collecting data until I start CCP and the monitor up again.

Is there a way (maybe with IOS console commands) that I can have the monitor always running, so I can pull up, say, a week's worth of info at any time?  Leaving the computer on all the time is not an option, and currently I have only a few days of data, then a big empty chunk, and then what I have collected since I started it back up today.

Thanks.

1 REPLY

Cisco 2811 permanent traffic monitor?

The fundamentals of your applications are that it collects data from your router, however it does not mean that your 2811 router is running CCP.

I would suggest that you install this software on a server that will be running 24/7 for you to be able to monitor and get all the information you need and also be able to archive the collected data.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content