Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Cisco 2811 router and IOS firewall

Hi there,

My downloads for exe files zip files most of times becomes really slow.

Also my browser simply freezes at about 25% of uploading pdf files to my ISP website.

-Both of the above mentioned problems resolves if I remove my access list 101 TRAFFIC_INSPECTI.  I need the solution in few commands so that I am able to download exe and zip files without trouble and slowness(the timer sometimes say 4hr download for a 7mb driver download).  Also I am able to upload pdf files to my external website (I use any web browser on the http page I simply click upload and upload the pdf files)

I have windows 7 clients and server 2008 domain.  I tried removing TRAFFIC_INSPECTI one line a time but no use.  IF I remove it completely it solves the issue right away.

Help plz

Community Member

Re: Cisco 2811 router and IOS firewall

Thank you for your question.  This community is for Cisco Small Business products and your question is in reference to a Cisco Elite/Classic product.  Please post your question in the Cisco NetPro forums located here:;jsessionid=E0EEC3D9CB4E5165ED16933737822748.SJ3A?page=Network_Infrastructure_discussion

This forum has subject matter experts on Cisco Elite/Classic products that may be able to answer your question.

Please post a sanitized show run for us, including the Access-List for the traffic inspection.

Community Member

Hello Tim,

Please close the question.  I have replaced my router to 2911 and things work well.

CreatePlease to create content