Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2900 gateway & dhcp issues after TFTP

ianhendry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I just completed a lab installing a TFTP on my server, saving the router startup config and reinstalling it after erasing it on my router. The issue is, i had my gateway as 10.10.10.1 on g0/0. after reloading the DHCP on my server assigned g0/0 10.10.10.21. I made a new reservation for 10.10.10.1 on g0/0 mac address, but when i reload and reboot the address remains 10.10.10.21. i figure this is to do with lease time, but is there a way to prevent this and force g0/0 to take the 10.1 address. when i try to configure the address in the router i get the error

YNWA(config-if)#ip add 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.192

IP address conflicts with gateway ip address in static routing table

Yet i see no ip address in the routing table that conflicts and if i use the no ip route the message i get is no matching route found.

If anyone can help i would appreciate it thank you

1 Reply 1

Derrick Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When I had this problem, I had a static route to my loopback ip address with the gateway ip address of a connected interface which was incorrect. Check your configuration in the "show run" and look for the "ip route" commands near the bottom of the "show run". Make sure the gateway address on the ip route command is correct and does not match another ip address on your device.

Router(config)# ip route [network] [subnet mask] [Gateway address]

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card