Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2911 Router Setup

srikar007
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts

I am novice in the routers/networking domain, I need your valuable inputs in setting up our new Cisco 2911 router. As per the basic configuration guide I have attached the router with USB cable to one of my Windows 2008 server and installed Cisco_usbconsole_driver software and now I don't see the message of "Found New Hardware".

Now what are the next steps ? How will I activate the web based UI to access the router and do the basic configuration ?

Please advise. Thanks

Sri

2 Replies 2

srikar007
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

After restarting the router I could see some log in hyper terminal console and the final error is as below:

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2013 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Tue 26-Feb-13 03:42 by prod_rel_team

*Jan  6 18:30:57.715: %SNMP-5-COLDSTART: SNMP agent on host yourname is undergoi

ng a cold start

*Jan  6 18:30:58.331: %SSH-5-ENABLED: SSH 1.99 has been enabled

*Jan  6 18:30:58.335: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Embedded-S

ervice-Engine0/0, changed state to down

*Jan  6 18:59:07.139: %DHCPD-4-PING_CONFLICT: DHCP address conflict:  server pin

ged 10.10.10.4.

Can you please advice what is the issue here ?

Thanks

Srikar

Hi,

Your router is configured as a DHCP server and before offering an IP from its scopes it will ping the IP to see if it ain't already assigned on a host which seems to be the case here so it will not lease this IP and will try to offer the next free non duplicate IP in its scope.

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card