Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2921 ISR ERROR MESSAGE_ SW ERROR!

Hardi Ahmed
Level 7
Level 7

hello experts,

I have a Cisco 2921 route and on  my dayly check I found an error in the log. also I decoded the error but I couldn't get any useful information, this is the 2nd time that am getting this message from last Feb. please refer to the below for more information:

ERROR MESSAGE:

032989: Oct  4 08:06:24.861 PCTime: %SIP-3-UNSUPPORTED: Unsupported ptime value

Decoded by Cisco error message decoder:

%SIP-3-UNSUPPORTED:

[chars]

An internal software error has occurred.

Recommended Action: Copy the error message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log. Research and attempt to resolve the error using the Output Interpreter https://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/OutputInterpreter/home.pl. Enter the show tech-support command to gather data that may help identify the nature of the error. Also perform a search of the Bug Toolkithttps://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/?referring_site=emd. If you still require assistance, open a case with the Technical Assistance Center via the Internet https://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/scm/mgmt/case, or contact your Cisco technical support representative and provide the representative with the gathered information.

Related documents- No specific documents apply to this error message.

till now  the error message is pending on my router please I need your advice accordingly.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the problem still exists, work with the TAC.

From the looks of it, wha ever version of the Operating system has issues anyway.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

First, don't post the same question on multple forums.

Have you followed the Action steps listed above ?

If you have, and the issue remains open a TAC case.

Hi,

I posted in multple forums, because I want to get the answer quickly.

I did the same steps, but in the results are OK, only I have a leaking in the memory, according to the result and also the *DEAD* pro is using more than 1Mb.

to I need open a TAG case?

regards,

memory leaks are not uncommon with router operating systems.

I would open a tac case, and be prepared to update the Operating system.

You might want to delete the post on the WAN forum.

Hi,

one of the points that recommended is to updating the system, and after this process if I faced my router occured the sam eerror message I have to open a TAC with Cisco.

also I have received this message from the result:

WARNING: The process '*Dead*' is holding more than 1 MB of memory.

&

This problem can also be caused due to a Cisco IOS Bug

also I removed the post on the WAN forum.

your comment please.

regards,

If the problem still exists, work with the TAC.

From the looks of it, wha ever version of the Operating system has issues anyway.

OK, I will open a TAC case with Cisco.

thanks,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card