cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2950, syst led flushing amber......

Srinivas N
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

I have a cisco 2950 (Cisco WS-C2950G-24-EI), earlier It was working fine and after my friend configured AAA server,

when I powered that switch stat Led showing green & syst Led flushing amber, even i con't login console also though hiperterminal.

What could be the problem, how to get red.        

Thanks & Regards,
Srinivas. N.       

Thanks & Regards, Srinivas. N.
2 Replies 2

Vignesh Rajendran Praveen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Srinivas,

If the syst LED is flashing Amber it means that the device is receiving power but is not functioning properly. In this situation the Cisco 2950 device needs to be replaced. I have verified this solution by browsing through my internal database too. So kindly go ahead and have the switch replaced at the earliest.

***********Plz do rate this post if you found it helpful*************************

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh R P

Vignesh,

It is certainly possible that the switch is beyond repair but I believe that with the current lack of information, saying that the switch needs to be replaced is a premature conclusion.

Srinivas, try connecting to the console, unplugging the switch from the power for a couple of minutes, and then plug the switch back to the mains and record everything that appears on the console in a text file (use Capture Text... function in HyperTerminal or similar to precisely record the entire bootup procedure). Then post this text file here. We need to have more detailed information about the failure.

Best regards,

Peter

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card