Replies

cisco 2960C has noise

juno_q_beat
Level 1
Level 1

HI guys

I am wandering if you could help me with my question

Today I've got Cisco WS-C2960C-8PC-L 8 Port from ebay. Brand new

I've done a configuration all looks good BUT I've notice some kind of noice comming from a back pannel (from place were you connect your Power cable)

After some time that noise become very annoying it's whounds like whatch ticking but in very FAST way! i can't beleve that this is normal behavier of this product.

The reasen why I've got this baby is it shouldn't have ny shound at all (it desn't have Fun)

Could you please help me ASAP so I can return this to user ( in case if it's faulty )

Output from sh env all

TEMPERATURE is OK

Temperature Value: 44 Degree Celsius

Temperature State: GREEN

Yellow Threshold : 72 Degree Celsius

Red Threshold    : 82 Degree Celsius

Many thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i can't beleve that this is normal behavier of this product.

That is not normal behavior at all.  I just installed 3 of them.  They are extremely quite.  These switches don't have fans, so no noise at all.  I recommend you return it ASAP.

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i can't beleve that this is normal behavier of this product.

That is not normal behavior at all.  I just installed 3 of them.  They are extremely quite.  These switches don't have fans, so no noise at all.  I recommend you return it ASAP.

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Does it make a buzzing noise?  Can you feel any gentle vibration?

If you can't feel any vibration and you can hear a buzzing-like sound, then unplug the unit immediately and stop using it.  Get the unit RMA-ed ASAP. 

Hi and sorry for a delay

It didn't had any vibrasion but Yes it had buzzing noise. I've returnde this to seler.

Many thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card