Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cisco 2960s with connections to symbol wireless

hi all,

i have multiple wireless symbol which is primarily used for our gun wireless barcode in the plant.  do i need "spanning -tree portfast" on the port policy on a wireless host?  i'm getting flapping error between two wireless symbol from time to time.  don't know also if laptop make it to do error when it's connected both on wireless and wired to the network.  also do i need "switchport nonegotiate" policy on it?  is 'wireless access' a host or just another switch?

thansk for any comment you may add.

• LAN Switching and Routing
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

What do you mean "flapping"?  Care to elaborate?

What is the manufacturer of your AP?

Are you running autonomous or controller-based AP?

Re: cisco 2960s with connections to symbol wireless

no controller on all 8 wireless access point (actually on the plant it's symbol wireless and office use motorola wireless).  and all wireless are using just one of the vlan which is 50, each AP have static reserved which is also on vlan 50.  but my wired client are in vlan 30 and 50.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

actually on the plant it's symbol wireless and office use motorola wireless

Doesn't make any difference.  Motorola bought out Symbol's wireless BU a few years ago.  They are now Motorola. 

Look, show use the logs with the interfaces going down/up.

Views
Helpful
Replies