cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 3550 power failure

unic0rn11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Can anyone please help me? my cisco 3550 EMI switch is not responding to power connection. can anyone please tell me troubleshooting steps. please help me as i am student and cant afford professional tech to fix it

i have checked and changed power cable. its still not working.

fan is not running and no lights on front panel

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Since the fan is not running and no lights in the front, you most likely have a bad power supply.

Since you don't have a service contract, you maybe able to find a used  power supply on ebay and replace it.  I have never opened up a 3550, and not sure is this is even doable.  You may want to check your 3550 before buying another PSU.

HTH

as reza mentioned your PS might be dead. Look around ebay and you will find many...if its too expensive then throw that switch away and buy another one on ebay

sometimes its easy to buy annother one than fix the old one

Kishore

You can either buy a different switch , or  attempt to replace the power supply .  This switch has been EOL for a few years now so cisco wont replace it .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card