Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 3560 and Tsunami Wifi Devices

Everyone, here is my issue. I have two buildings that we are trying to connect via two Tusnami Wifi devices. In my testing I am having troubles getting the two devices to transmit data or I should say that they see each other but no data is passed to my switches. I have attached a simple PDF so show my test enviroment. Basically I have a 3560 switch and a base tx/rx unit and another 3560 switch and satellite tx/rx unit. The two wifi devices will see each other an perform a link test between the two with great signal. From each side I can ping the IP I manually put on each wifi from my laptop, but cannot ping the other switch from either side. I have the devices attached to trunk ports on each switch. Has anyone had any experience with these devices. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Cisco 3560 and Tsunami Wifi Devices

Hello Ronald,

start to verify the native vlan settings on both sides

sh int fasx/y switchport

the device data sheet declares they are able to carry vlan tagged frames (802.1Q)

see

http://www.proxim.com/downloads/products/mp16/DS_0806_MP16_3500_A4HR.pdf

a problem with native vlan mismatch could cause ip connectivity issues

Hope to help

Giuseppe

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Cisco 3560 and Tsunami Wifi Devices

Hello Ronald,

start to verify the native vlan settings on both sides

sh int fasx/y switchport

the device data sheet declares they are able to carry vlan tagged frames (802.1Q)

see

http://www.proxim.com/downloads/products/mp16/DS_0806_MP16_3500_A4HR.pdf

a problem with native vlan mismatch could cause ip connectivity issues

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Views
Helpful
Replies