Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 3560 requires hard reset after power dip

Hi

I have a problem with a customer who has a Cisco WS-C3560G-48PS, Software Version 12.2 (53) SE1.

They have had issues with power over the last few weeks - they have a momentary drop in power to one of their cabinets.  The problem is the Cisco 3560 stays powered off, until someone physically removes the power cable and plugs it back in, whereby it powers up normally.

The problem is this cabinet is in a remote part of the customer site.  I know they could get a UPS, but I'm trying to figure out if this is normal behaviour for this switch.

Googling has produced a couple of articles from people advising of the same thing on this model of switch, but the question of is this normal behaviour never gets answered.

Is it staying powered off as a feature of the PSU, trying to make sure that other equipment connected to the switch doesnt get fried?  Or, is it a fault with the PSU, as the customer (and I) assumed that if there was a loss of power, the switch would simply reboot of its own accord.

Just to clarify, this is a momentary dip in power, not a spike or surge.  All of the other equipment in the rack (including servers), simply restart (in one instance the server didnt even lose power as the drop was so short).

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Everyone's tags (2)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content