Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3560-x Status LED issue

monica.munoz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco 3560-x switch, and I wanted to see the speed at which its ports were negociating. So, I pushed the MODE button in the front of the switch until the Speed LED was lighting. After a few seconds the switch mode returns to show the STAT led lighting. But the switch no longer shows the traffic on the ports, all ports LEDs are off, although I know for sure there is activity in all ports (this is an IP video installation and I can see video from all IP cameras connected).

Is there some way to return my switch to normal LED performance without rebooting it?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

rsimoni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Monica,

I am pretty sure you are hitting a known defect

"CSCti09726    Out of control Ethernet port LED after pressing the Mode button to STAT

Release-note:

Symptom:

On a 3750X series switch when you press the mode button some of the interfaces

LED lights will show down despite the fact that the link is actually up/up and

passing traffic. 

Workaround:

Unplug the cable and press the mode button again.  Then plug it back in to

restore the LED state.

Show hardware LED will show the correct LED status.  "

Note: the issue affects also 3560-x and it is first fixed in 12.2(58)SE

Please rate and close the thread accordingly

regards,

Riccardo

Hi Riccardo,

thanks for your quick answer. Just one question:

When you say: "Unplug the cable and press the mode button again.  Then plug it back in to

restore the LED state", do you mean the power cable?

So, there is no way to solve this without rebooting the switch, and therefore loosing network connectivity for some time?

Regards,

Monica.

Monica,

I did not write the release notes myself but I would interpret that sentence differently. I guess it means unplug THE NETWORK cable and press the mode button again. If the author was meaning something different he would have written 'reload' or 'power-cycle' the switch.

Riccardo

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card