cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3600 IP Address redirection

jjj092353
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 3600 Router in front of our network and we will be moving a few websites to a new server.

I'd like to add a few rules to the 3600 to redirect all traffic from one  of our ip address to the ip address of the new server

can this be done?

If so - can someone give me an examples of how to write this rule... it applies to all types of traffic on all ports for a specific ip

thanks in advance...

5 Replies 5

ghostinthenet
Level 7
Level 7

Assuming your 3600 is performing NAT, the following should do the trick:

ip nat inside source static x.x.x.x y.y.y.y

Where x.x.x.x is your server's internal IPv4 address and y.y.y.y is the external IPv4 address you're assigning. This will apply to all protocols and ports.

If you're not using NAT, please supply more details and we'll see if a more applicable solution can be found.

I am not using NAT.  the ip address on the device behind the 3600 is the same address that's broadcast to the world in front of the 3600

we just use the 3600 to limit access to certain boxes behind the 3600 and limit access to certain ports on those boxes.

Not sure how much you can do on the router, but if you don't need the old server anymore, you can always move the address to the new one as a secondary. Or is the new server on a different network?

I just want to reroute all port 80 and port 443 traffic while dns propagates...

I could do it with ip tables on the boxes themselves but I thought it would be easier in the 3600

It could be done by implementing NAT on the router for the two ports, but the easiest thing would be to have the web server issue HTTP redirects on the old box pointing to the new address.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card