cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

cisco 3750 OQD

Hi,

i have one cisco 3750x switch. i have some basic qusestion about this cisco.

• •1)      I have configure 10 mbps uplink on port 48. Normal utilization is 2 to 3 mbps. Whenever I seen interface summery OQD value is so high. How can I control this OQDrop or how can I clear OQD history?

Interface               IHQ   IQD  OHQ   OQD  RXBS RXPS  TXBS TXPS TRTL

------------------------------------------------------------------------

GigabitEthernet1/0/48    0     0    0 1190583 678000  973 3378000  1048    0

• •2)      Now I have 3 user account for login this cisco switch. I need be monitor the 3 user, what they doing and what command they apply on this cisco.
  • •3)      How can I create one ready only user.( who is only view the cisco configuration)

Request all kindly clear my doubts.

1 REPLY
Super Bronze

Re: cisco 3750 OQD

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

#1 Controlling OQD can be difficult if your 10 Mbps uplink is oversubscribed.  A normal utilization of 2 or 3 Mbps can be very misleading.

The 3750 series are a bit notorious in having "small" hardware buffers that can lead to premature packet drops.  To get the most out of the 3750 buffers, either disable QoS, if unnecessary, or you need to tune buffer settings.  (NB: tuning 3750 buffers requires an indepth understanding of your traffic, your QoS requirements, and the buffering architecture of the 3750 series.)  On the 3750X, the uplink ports are documented as providing the same amount of RAM as 24 edge ports, so if possible, move your uplink to an uplink port.

The 3750 also, I believe, supports flow control, but I wouldn't normally recommend using that.  If the other ports are all host ports, and pausing their ingress is acceptable (and if they support flow control), it's something to consider.

As to clearing drop stats, some, I believe, can be cleared with the "clear counters" command, but some, I also believe, only clear with a device reload.

#2 I'm not 100% sure, but I think device user command monitoring might require AAA.

#3 That could be done via AAA, or it might be done by using privilege levels.

NB: All of the above, i.e. buffer tuning and/or security monitoring and/or user command invocation security, are a bit involved.  I.e. you might not obtain a "simple" reply that says something like add these 3 lines.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content