Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750 POE Switch Stacking

c.adisesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have three Cisco 3750 - 48port  POE -LAN switches and i am trying to see if there are any issues when we stack POE and Non-POE type of switches.

Aslo looking for information on the advanatage and disadvantage the stacking can provide on a Cisco 3750 48port.

Thanks,        

3 Replies 3

stevenkrose
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You shouldn't have issues stacking a POE and non POE switches.  The advantages of stacking is that you create one logical switch with one virtual IP, so you can plug servers (for example) into multiple switches and do etherchanneling for redundancy.  Also when you make a change to the stack it is applied to every switch 

As far as disadvanatages go, there are none that I know of.

Hope this helps

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

Stacking should not be a problem as long as both run the same IOS version and feature set, otherwise they will not work together.

---

Posted by WebUser Neeraj Jagga from Cisco Support Community App

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
We have three Cisco 3750 - 48port  POE -LAN switches and i am trying to see if there are any issues when we stack POE and Non-POE type of switches.

Don't see any issues.

Alot of people have this sort of setup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card