Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 3750 queue question

Hi, I am looking at a 3750's configs and have a question. Below the two ingress queues and their WTD thresholds are defined:

mls qos srr-queue input threshold 1 8 16

mls qos srr-queue input threshold 2 34 66

Then, a little further down the configuration I see that queue 1 threshold 3 is being used:

mls qos srr-queue input dscp-map queue 1 threshold 3 32

What is confusing me is that I cannot see how/where threshold 3 is specified and according to the Cisco documentation I have read there are only two WTD thresholds anyway so how/why is this config referencing a 3rd threshold?

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: Cisco 3750 queue question

There are 2 ingress queues and each queue has 3 thresholds.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3560/12225see/scg/swqos.htm

WTD Thresholds

The queues use WTD to support distinct drop percentages for different traffic classes. Each queue has three drop thresholds: two configurable (explicit) WTD thresholds and one nonconfigurable (implicit) threshold preset to the queue-full state. You assign the two explicit WTD threshold percentages for threshold ID 1 and ID 2 to the ingress queues by using the mls qos srr-queue input threshold queue-id threshold-percentage1 threshold-percentage2 global configuration command. Each threshold value is a percentage of the total number of allocated buffers for the queue. The drop threshold for threshold ID 3 is preset to the queue-full state, and you cannot modify it. For more information about how WTD works, see the "Weighted Tail Drop" section.

Views
Helpful
Replies