Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750 stackable configuration / Slave Switch show commands

caiozza
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All:

My topology is composed of Cisco 3750 LAN switches which are set up as stackables. I need to run some subcomponent  show commands on both devices.  There is a master 1 , and a slave 2.   I am trying to find out if I can run simple show  commands IE; Show inventory, show  controllers,  on the switch that is set up as the slave without making it the master first? I looked in the 3750 Cisco documentation but did not find anything that was apparent to me.

Thanks      

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Show inventory, show  controllers,  on the switch that is set up as the slave without making it the master first?

For logical reason, you can't run these commands if the slave isn't connected to the stack (and powered up).

You can run these commands on the slave switch and you'll get the output of the slave switch itself (if the slave switch isn't connected and powered up to the stack).

The simple rule apply:

1.  If the switch is local, then you'll see the LOCAL output;

2.  If the switch is part of the stack, then you'll see the entire stack output.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Show inventory, show  controllers,  on the switch that is set up as the slave without making it the master first?

For logical reason, you can't run these commands if the slave isn't connected to the stack (and powered up).

You can run these commands on the slave switch and you'll get the output of the slave switch itself (if the slave switch isn't connected and powered up to the stack).

The simple rule apply:

1.  If the switch is local, then you'll see the LOCAL output;

2.  If the switch is part of the stack, then you'll see the entire stack output.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card