Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750 Switch Number of Queues for Ingress and Egress without QOS

CSCO10675262_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to understand the queue setup for the 3750/x switch; I understand that there are 4 output and 2 input queues when qos is enabled; however I am confused on the number of available queues used when qos is not enabled on the switch for ingress and egress?

Not too sure if it may still be 4 output and 2 input queues as I did a show mls qos without it being enabled and it is showing the queues:

Switch#show mls qos interface g1/0/3 queueing

QoS is disabled. When QoS is enabled, following settings will be applied

Egress Priority Queue : disabled

Shaped queue weights (absolute) :  25 0 0 0

Shared queue weights  :  25 25 25 25

The port bandwidth limit : 100  (Operational Bandwidth:100.0)

The port is mapped to qset : 1

Switch#show mls qos input-queue

Queue     :       1       2

----------------------------------------------

buffers   :      90      10

bandwidth :       4       4

priority  :       0      10

threshold1:     100     100

threshold2:     100     100

Any input is appreciated for understanding of the default queues when qos is not enabled on the switch; example does it still make use of 4 egress and 2 ingress queues or a single queue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wilson Bonilla
Level 3
Level 3

Hi.

Even when QoS is disabled the switch will still show you the four queues. You can issu the command "show mls qos"; note that QoS is disabled.

If QoS is disabled then queues don't have any effect. With QoS disabled you have one ingress and one egress queue.

Regards.

Wilson B.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Wilson Bonilla
Level 3
Level 3

Hi.

Even when QoS is disabled the switch will still show you the four queues. You can issu the command "show mls qos"; note that QoS is disabled.

If QoS is disabled then queues don't have any effect. With QoS disabled you have one ingress and one egress queue.

Regards.

Wilson B.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card