cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 3750 switch stacking

Sarg .
Level 3
Level 3

guys i have a cisco 3750 switch stacked together that i need to copy configs from and transfer to another set of two 3750 stack switches.

do i simply connect the stacking cable to the switch with the highest mac address and then to the second one, then copy the old running configurations. is there more that i need to do ?

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Copy the configuration from your existing 3750 stack into your TFTP server, edit the config to suit your needs, and copy the newly-edited-config into your new stack.

Command:  copy flash1:config.text tftp:///filename.extension

Command above is to copy the config from your existing switch stack to your TFTP server.

Command:  copy tftp:///filename.extension run

Command above is to copy from your TFTP server to the running-config of your new switch.  Remember, the config is not yet saved. 

Thanks Leolaohoo,  The stacking went fine but there is a problem. The problem is that some of my access-ports are constantly flopping.

when i issue the command show log i see ' line protocol down' and then, ' line protocol' up.

I have considered that it could the be the stacking cable but when i sssue the ' show switch' command both my 3750 switches in the stack have a status of ' ready' . other users on the switch seem to be fine. but a few users keep getting the same problem of their ports flapping.

Kindly post the output to the following command:

1.  sh version;

2.  sh switch detail;

3.  sh post; and

4.  sh log

ok i will do that on monday. Thanks

Thanks Leolaohoo, everything turned out ok.  It turned out some guys were playing with the network and connected non approved/ planned switches which were making a mess of the network.

Cheers

It turned out some guys were playing with the network and connected non approved/ planned switches which were making a mess of the network.

LOL!

Ooops.  Not meaning to be mean or something.  Sorry for laughing.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card