Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 3750 VLAN

alan-wong
Level 1
Level 1

Dear

I would like to make 1 VLAN100 in 3750 totally separate from other few VLAN1,2,3,4,5 in cisco 3750 with routable.  This 3750 I will going to use EIGRP.  Please help.

VLAN100 cannot be routed (I just need it for public internet sharing)

VLAN1, VLAN2, VLAN3, VLAN4, VLAN5 can be routed each other (for internal subnet routing)

Can i arrange like above and make it in 3750 ?                 

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Simen Ringstad
Level 1
Level 1

If you are just going to use VLAN100 for L2-transport and it will be routed by the ISP-router you can just create VLAN100 on your switches and not create any VLAN100-interfaces or include them in your routing process.

View solution in original post

Jan Hrnko
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Alan,

Just like Simen said, DON'T create interface vlan 100 and it should be ok. Create only vlan 100.

For vlans 1,2,3,4,5 create vlans in a common manner and also create the appropriate interfaces. Enable ip routing on your switch and you are done.

For other routing purposes (connection to other routers, ISP) you can use the EIGRP you mentioned.

Best regards,

Jan

Alan,

Yes you are correct.

conf t # vlan 10  >>> This will create vlan 10 in the vlan database.

Conf t# int vlan 10 >>> This will create interface vlan 10.

NOTE: Interface vlan to be up and running,  you need to have the vlan 10 present in the vlan database and there should be one link which is up and forwarding the vlan 10. (Either assign the access port to vlan 10 or if you have any trunk port that makes the vlan to be up if that trunk port is configured to allowed vlan all.).

* Only if you want routing to be enabled between the networks have an ip address assign to every VLAN. Any VLAN which you dont want routing dont have an ip address assign to it.

HTH

Regards

Inayath

4 Replies 4

Simen Ringstad
Level 1
Level 1

If you are just going to use VLAN100 for L2-transport and it will be routed by the ISP-router you can just create VLAN100 on your switches and not create any VLAN100-interfaces or include them in your routing process.

Jan Hrnko
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Alan,

Just like Simen said, DON'T create interface vlan 100 and it should be ok. Create only vlan 100.

For vlans 1,2,3,4,5 create vlans in a common manner and also create the appropriate interfaces. Enable ip routing on your switch and you are done.

For other routing purposes (connection to other routers, ISP) you can use the EIGRP you mentioned.

Best regards,

Jan

Dear

Can you tell how can I not to create interface of vlan? What is the command?

Normally, I use command

#interface Vlan100
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Alan,

Yes you are correct.

conf t # vlan 10  >>> This will create vlan 10 in the vlan database.

Conf t# int vlan 10 >>> This will create interface vlan 10.

NOTE: Interface vlan to be up and running,  you need to have the vlan 10 present in the vlan database and there should be one link which is up and forwarding the vlan 10. (Either assign the access port to vlan 10 or if you have any trunk port that makes the vlan to be up if that trunk port is configured to allowed vlan all.).

* Only if you want routing to be enabled between the networks have an ip address assign to every VLAN. Any VLAN which you dont want routing dont have an ip address assign to it.

HTH

Regards

Inayath

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card