Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cisco 3750

Hello Friends

I am totally new at this gig, I am trying to config a cisco switch 3750 and the company that left me instuction how to use there commands to write the configs in is no longer available. I will tell you exactly how it goes therefore if I am forgetting something or I need to add a step for the future maybe someone can help me. They tell me to follow these steps after logging into the switch throuh hyperterminal I go through with step

1) Switch>en

2)Switch#config t

3)Switch(config)#int vlan 11

4)Switch(config-if)#ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 255.255.192.0

5)Switch(config-if)#int fa1/0/24

6)

10 REPLIES

cisco 3750

Peter,

What specific problem are you having? The steps that you laid out are creating an SVI that's attached to vlan 11 and then putting an address on it. Step number 5 is anyone's guess. I'm assuming that you're wanting to make this port (f1/0/24) an access port of vlan 11? If so, you'll need:

int fa1/0/24

switchpo mod access

switch access vlan 11

You'll also need to make sure you create vlan 11:

Switch(config)# vlan 11

Then type exit.

Do a "show vlan" to make sure vlan 11 was created.

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Re: cisco 3750

Are you trying to configure ssh? Can you post your config?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Peter,

I've looked over your config. I'm confused. What's the problem? You have ssh configured on the switch. Have you tried connecting to it with ssh? It looks like you've done everything the pdf document has asked you to.

HTH,
John

Ok what is ssh? and how do i connect with it? also i have a question did you see the text file?  the config page that i also sent? where the crypto pki certification chain tp-self-signed-2187766016 certification self signed 01 and all the numbers below it until it says quit? ok here is the problem if I copy the text and paste it where in the other instuctions on the 3rd page I get syntax errors where the 30820257 begins all the way down. to the end of the numbers list. if it is a self sighed crypto pki certifications don't i have to use those exact configs in order for the cisco swith to work if I do how would i get rid of the ones generated and implement the one on the config page of the text files? however ifnot why would i get the errors i am getting. ok i got an Idea if you have a 3750 on hand set up the cisco identical to the way it explains then use the copy and paste method to put the config in to see what i am talking about that way you can first hand of what is going  thank you Pete

SSH is a protocol that allows you to connect securely to the switch and manage it. It's used in place of telnet which sends everything in cleartext. The self-signed certificate is just that. You should let the switch generate it's own certificate. When you do "crypto key generate rsa general mod 1024", it will generate a self-signed certificate for you.

I think you're making this too hard   Are you getting tripped up with the certificate piece? I'm assuming that you haven't attempted to ssh into the switch since you're not sure what it is. The certificate that you're seeing in the running-config is what was generated when someone enabled "ip http secure-server", and it's not needed for ssh to work. Even though you disabled http secure-server, it doesn't remove the certificate that was generated.

HTH,
John

cisco 3750

I do not mean to sound ignorant about this stuff this is the first time i actually did a switch this way, what are the instruction on logging into ssh and can i do it through a laptop if so what are the configs for it thanks again

You can use putty for ssh. You need to download it and connect to your switch's IP address. You'll need a username configured on the switch and log in with those credentials.

And for what it's worth, I would recommend you remove your PDF document that you've posted.

cisco 3750

Just one more question Do i use PuTTy after the steps I showed you or do use it during those steps

You console into the switch to do the config, or connect with putty after getting a management address on it and finish the config.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content