Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750G series switch SVI communication with 2690 VLANs

Ashish Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco 3750 L3 switch and a 2960 series switch. I want to configure VLAN routing with the help of L3 switch but i am facing some issue for internet connectivity after adding the static route on L3 switch so can someone please help me out.

1.) Configured 2 VLAN interface on L3 switch having VLAN 10 [IP-192.168.1.1] and VLAN 20 [IP-192.168.2.1] and a port as a trunk.

2.) Configured same VLANs on L2 switch and assigned ports to these perticular VLAN and connected 2 PC on both the VLAN.

3.) I am able to ping/access both the PC in inter vlan routing.

4.) I have added static route on L3 switch for internet connectivity 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 [Linux gateway IP].

5.) Internet connectivity is working fine on L3 switch and i am able to ping LIVE IPs but internet is not working on PCs connected on L2 switch VLANs.

Same issue is occuring with B class IP addressing but i am able to access internet on the PCs after assiging A Class IP on L3 switch SVI.

Please share the details if any one have idea for the same.

Thanks

Ashish

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ashish

It's not clear exactly what addressing is used to connect the 3750 to the Linux gateway but first thing to check is does the Linux gateway have routes back to the new subnets ?

Jon

Hi,

i agree with jon, probably is missing the return back route to network 192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x

Or verify if nat is working on the 2 subnets above.

Jon and Pierluidi,

Just want to confirm one more thing, do we need to change anything on L3/L2 switch routing or all settings are correct?

Do you have any idea how to add return back route on linux gateway.

Ashish

Ashish

Just want to confirm one more thing, do we need to change anything on L3/L2 switch routing or all settings are correct?

Can't say for sure because we haven't seen them but it does sound like missing routes on your Linux gateway. Attached is a link for adding routes to a Linux device -

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2012/04/route-examples/

feel free to ask further if you need more help.

Jon

Jon,

Thanks for sharing the details, i will try this and will share the details.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card