cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4503 Catalyst

brafasco1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks - let me preface by saying I am not all that technical. My issue is that I am trying to figure out the arrangement of ports that will give me a gigabit of connectivity. i.e. my understanding is that on this switch you can plug a device in to port 1 for example and if you leave the other 3 (or so) ports empty then the device connected to port1 will get 1gigabit as opposed to 100mb/s. Can anyone tell me what this configuration is or what ports to plug into and what to leave empty to get 1g/bit? - thanks

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure what you are saying but if the port is a gig port then that is what it will connect in as a gig , doesn't matter if all the ports connect as gig . It you are talking about oversubsription of a group of ports then you would have to do a search on the specs on the switch .

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

Take a look at this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_data_sheet0900aecd801792b1.html

It gives you a good idea of the ports & capacity of the 4503

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card