Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 4507 R-E w/ Sup 10GE Factory Reset

Ok, I have been trying to reset my Cisco 4507 R-E with sup 10GE engines, and I am not having any luck. I have followed the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps607/products_tech_note09186a00800c4546.shtml

I have tried "wr erase" and "erase startup-config." I cannot delete the vlan.dat file either. I am using the command "erase cat4000_flash:vlan.dat" and its not working either. I have done these commands several times with no success. When asked if I want to save the config changes, I am answering with a "no" I have not tried to depress the small "reset" button on the front of the sup engines as I read that this just restarts the switch.

What am I missing here? Is there some trick with these 10GE engines that I am not finding.

Mike                 

2 REPLIES

I apologize. I am using the command "erase cat4000_flash:" to try and erase the vlan.dat file, but its not working.

I have resolved this issue. I had to enter the "erase slavenvram:" and "erase slavecat4000_flash:" commands in addition to what the Cisco document said. I did these several times and it FINALLY worked on one of my tries....

Views
Helpful
Replies