cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Cisco 5500 Series Controller and 2606 AP's

Good evening everyone, 

I have a problem that our staff and myself have been beating our head against the wall for sometime on, maybe someone here has seen a similar issue.

The problem has many variables so I will try to be as complete and clear as I can. 

Appliances 

Cisco 5500 Series Controller : AIR-CT5508-K9

software version 7.6.120.0

Cisco 2602 AP's AIR-CAP2602I-A-K9

iOS Version: 15.2(4)JB5$

Dell Venue 11 Tablets  w/ Windows 8.1

k-12 school district 

I have 2 5500 series controllers, call them controller 1 and controller 2,

Controller 1 manages half the district

Controller 2 manages the other half

I can take the dell tablets to a school connected to controller 2 with 2602 AP's and try to connect that device to the ap and i get "checking network requirements" then "Cannot Connect to this Network" 

I can take that same device to an AP on controller 1 at another school and the device will connect without issue. I am broadcasting WPA2 SSID and 802.1x, same behavior on both SSID's 

I can go to the school where I have connection issues (controller 2) and I can move that AP to controller 1 and I cannot connect. 

Also, I can take a 2602 configure it at my desk on controller 2 (the problem controller) and the device will connect. 

Take the same AP to the school site and it will not connect. I can take other windows 7 AND 8.1 clients at this site and they will connect using both the WPA2 and 802.1x SSID.  So I do not believe its a layer 1 or 2 issue at the school, because other devices, including other 8.1 devies and apple devices will connect. I do not believe its a device issue because the device connects without issue at other schools. 

I spent today checking the controller configs line by line and I cant see any difference, all controllers and AP's on the same firmware. 

I realize this is a lot of information, please ask any questions in areas I may be been unclear. 

Looking forward to the responses!

Here are two images from our Prime appliance when the device is trying to connect to the AP 

Everyone's tags (2)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content