Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6500 TLB (Load/Fetch) Exception on SXJ6

paulhughes5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a new Cisco 6506-E chassis with VS-SUP720 3C and am trying to get it onto Adv IP Services SXJ6.  When setting the bootvar to either disk0 or bootdisk (to try and rule out media issues) I get:

Self extracting the image... [OK]

*** TLB (Load/Fetch) Exception ***

Access address = 0x88a7e02

PC = 0x8800001c, Cause = 0x8, Status Reg = 0x30409003

monitor: command "boot" aborted due to exception

Exit at the end of BOOT string

And the box drops into rommon.

Running SXI8a is fine from any media.

I have formatted the flash and re-uploaded the image again and still no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Try downloading the image from Cisco's site again and test. If that does not help, how about a different image in the SXJx series?

HTH

Hi

Do you think its likely to be the software image?

Its a slightly complicated situation in that we bought the software from Cisco when we ordered the hardware so I have two CDs with SXJ6 on (both have the same issue).  Unfortatly we don't have a support contact directly with Cisco so I'm unable to download either the same or different image from the support site.

Hi Paul,

It is hard to tell.  I am just trying to eliminate another possibility, but if you don't have SmartNet contract, you can't download any other image.  Here is another thing you can try.  Open a ticket with TAC and explain the situation and see if they let you download a different version or the same one.

HTH

paulhughes5
Level 1
Level 1

Ended up needing to upgrade the bootloader on the sups which seemed to fix it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card